Saturday 24 January 2015

Seborrheic Dermatitis and products I've used

I've had Seborreha for a very long time on my head but couple of years ago it started showing on my face. It got  to the point where almost half of my face was covered. First product I used was URIAGE D.S. EMULSION. At first it wasn't  better in fact it started spreading a lot faster. But then all of the sudden it got extremly better. At that point I had it only on the left side of my face close to the nose. One morning it was like a had a brand new skin but the very next it started to get worse. Then it started spreading on the other parts of my face like my forehead, around my brows and eventualy on the right side of my face. Then my doctor gave me URIAGE Cu-Zn+ because she thaught that Zinc would help. With seborreah you get some sort of funghi because you're skin is very sensitive while being flaky. Also I stared using Zinc supplements. At that point my skin started getting better and better to a point where it wasn't that obvious but it was still a bit red. Since all that Zinc was helping my doctor gave me URIAGE Soin peri-oral.  That's a product for infants with irritations around their mouth. It has a bit more Zinc in it which my skin needed. It helped a lot more then the previous one, my forhead is now completly cleared as well as most of my right side of the face. The problem I am facing right now is that my skin is very dry so I'm using hydriating creams and masks. The one that I can recommed is a LUSH one called Oatfix. It's both a mask and a peeling which was something I was dreading for a long time but until I went to Lush and talked to a lady who works there. She told me that in order for the product to go into the skin properly you first need to remove the flakes or a layer of dead skin.
I hope this was helpful, I'm  not a professional dermatologist I am just a girl fighting this issue.
There will be posts about psoriasis and nutrition coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment